Wednesday, March 10, 2010








Today I went to my very first lactation support group meeting. Yes, I am at week 30 and I figured since this is really going to happen, I need to get moving on learning about the wonderful world of breastfeeding. My dear friend Suz has been my weekly confidante and information supplier, so I don’t know why I thought I needed to attend something like this, but I’m so glad I did, especially for the humor of it. One woman wanted to know ‘when my son will inform me that he is ready to wean.’ She had brought her preschooler, so I was looking around for her ‘son’ when I realized that I needed to look no further – her preschooler latched on right then and there! I couldn’t believe my eyes, and from that point on I realized that I had entered a world that I knew not of…
My darling daughter, who also attended the meeting, came home well informed herself. She is excited to purchase her very own baby sling for her dolls (she has been practicing all day), and reading up on all types of breastfeeding. :)












No comments:

Post a Comment